Howey in the Hills, FL
Country Pure Foods, owned by a joint venture between Sapporo International and Toyota Tsusho America, is one of the largest independent fruit juice and fruit drink processors in the United States.
We are seeking a Facility Maintenance Manager who will be responsible for supervising shift activities of the Maintenance Department for workers engaged in the repair, maintenance, and installation of production equipment and facilities maintenance by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly building inspections with a high attention to detail to identify necessary repairs.
- Perform routine maintenance and timely repairs in the areas of painting, carpentry, plumbing, food and beverage equipment, seating and all related building components.
- Oversee vendor activities that include the scheduling of repair and maintenance needs as required; closely monitor progress to ensure quality of work.
- Provide constant attention to all life safety issues; ensure building emergency systems are operational through in-house inspections and vendor maintenance contracts.
- Report all facility issues that are not immediately repairable to the Plant Manager and seek technical support.
- Ensure consistent maintenance and repair methods for all building supporting systems; HVAC, Boilers, Compressors, HVAC, Pasteurizers and Glycol chillers.
- Develop routine systems to ensure constant monitoring of problem areas.
- Work with EHS specialist to ensure procedures support an environment that is clean, safe and in good repair in compliance with regulations and the facilities programs.
- Understand and track facility Variable Operating Expenses (VOE) related to maintenance, repairs, and supplies.
- Work in Maintenance Connection Software to plan PM, issue Work Orders, track completion ratings, and purchase orders.
- Prepare and maintain records, ensuring facility and equipment records are maintained in compliance with federal, state, and local standards, including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Schedule and coordinate preventative maintenance, repairs, cleaning, plumbing, electrical, waste management, and building infrastructure inspection.
- Manage implementation of loss prevention measures and maintain inventory control by ordering parts and equipment.
- Maintains good working relationships with all employees and ensures they are aware of their job duties and responsibilities
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Directly supervises 13 employees in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in a mechanical engineering or related field and one to three years related experience and/or training in a supervisory position or leadership role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and be proficient in the use of Internet software; Inventory software; Project Management software; Maintenance Software, Spreadsheet software (Excel), Word Processing software (Word) and Email Software.
The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary- DOE
- Optional health insurance for employees and dependents
- Company paid short and long-term disability
- Dental insurance for employee and dependents
- Vision insurance
- Optional supplemental life for employee and dependents
- 125 Flexible spending plan through payroll deductions
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 8 paid holidays per calendar year
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Generous PTO policy
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website: www.countrypure.com