The Region Manager is responsible for managing Food Service sales, marketing, pricing, broker relations, and other related functions within their geographical region. This position is home office, desired geographical location is Western U.S,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Must be able to manage/work with broker organizations, i.e. working with the broker to understand the market and what products/programs are appropriate for each distributor and end user within the Food Service business.
- Negotiations programming/pricing with key customers use selling skills to negotiate on new items, marketing programs and deals that will maintain and help drive new volume.
- Obtain all information for pricing regarding key accounts/ bids, work with schools, hospitals and/or end user to understand specs and requirements to gain new business.
- Product training of broker and sales representatives must possess complete knowledge of all lines of products and program to present to broker and distributor sales representative.
- Self-starter must be able to work autonomously selling the product line, requires compiling pricing, programs and presentations.
- Evaluation of key customers and how we can sell our products and programs to them.
- Time management is essential, person works out of home office, must maximize resources to the fullest extent within the geographical region assigned.
- Working with all CPF personnel and functions, person must have the ability to work with customer service, finance, etc.
- Responsibilities include working with CS on pricing and finance on deduction and marketing approval as well as any issues that come up that concern the Region. Included would be any issues that deal with operations and product QA and/or development.
- Work with marketing on developing products and gaining valuable market information.
- Person is responsible for getting all competitive information to better market the products and programs. This may include pricing and packaging adjustments as well as new product development.
Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills, person, must be able to work in a collaborative team environment. Person must possess the skill set to build relationships in the distributor locations as well as with brokers and CPF personnel. A positive win/win attitude that can be used to build on our relations for long term partnerships with our customers.
Have worked in/ have knowledge of food service distributors and end user (all key accounts).
No direct supervisory responsibilities. Interacts with manufacturing plants and corporate office. All interactions are in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Person must be willing to travel 60% of the time.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, and a minimum of three years working with brokers in a Food Service sales relationship. Have worked in/ have knowledge of food service distributors and end user (all key accounts).
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language are necessary to be able to perform this job. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write Complex correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to analyze data including sales reports, market information, etc. Basic math and algebra skills are necessary for this position.
The ability to analyze the meaning and relevance of data and how it applies to specific projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate computer skills and experience with MS Office Suite software (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Access).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here arerepresentative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully performthe essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, theemployee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionallyrequired to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move upto 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include closevision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjustfocus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics describedhere are representative of those an employee encounters while performing theessential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
While performing the duties of this job, theemployee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionallyrequired to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move25-50 pounds.