Country Pure Foods, owned by a joint venture between Sapporo International and Toyota Tsusho America, is one of the largest independent fruit juice and fruit drink processors in the United States.
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Mechanic to perform mechanical and preventative maintenance, equipment maintenance and repair, troubleshoot malfunctions and ensure optimum performance of all warehouse, production, maintenance, refrigeration and facilities equipment. Performs mechanical preventative maintenance, equipment maintenance and repair. Troubleshoot malfunctions and ensure optimum performance of all manufacturing equipment. Accountable for the quality of the mechanical repair on all equipment. Ensures the safety, cleanliness and orderliness of the plant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and perform repairs on all equipment.
- Solder, braze, gas and arc welding as part of repair or fabrication.
- Maintain various machine lubricating devices & systems & apply the appropriate lubricants for each.
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings for the assembly, troubleshooting, and repair of machinery parts.
- Install, maintain, and repair various power transmission systems (including types of gears, bearings, pulleys and belts, sprockets, and chains, cams, etc.)
- Ability to approach and correct equipment problems logically and systematically.
- Use technical formulas to calculate speeds and tolerance of machine components.
- Operate machine shop equipment (including lathes, milling machines, drill presses, saws, grinders, sheet metal brakes and shears, hydraulic presses and their associated attachments) in the servicing and fabricating of machine parts.
- Respond to “trouble” calls or assigned repair work in a timely manner.
- Train other personnel to use and operate equipment and tools.
- Maintain productive work time &continually considers costs.(Keep work order backlog to a minimum).
- Recommend mechanical systems revisions that will improve division productivity.
- Follow CPF policies and procedures
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on all mechanical equipment.
- Observe appropriate procedures and precautions for the safe performance of mechanical maintenance and repair functions.
- Train others about production equipment from knowledge obtained at special classes or through experience.
- Inform Purchasing about spare/replacement parts supply level.
- Follow up on repair work to ensure it is done correctly and that parts are ordered and properly inventoried.
- Report unsafe conditions to Maintenance Manager/Maintenance TC/Manufacturing Supervisor
- Suggest improvements in safety, quality and efficiency.
- Complete own time card, using correct operation codes and categories for hours worked.
- Communicate with previous and following shift regarding equipment operation and production status.
- Housekeeping in shop and on production equipment.
- Perform duties that are not listed on this job descriptions.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability and aptitude to allow rapid/learning of complex mechanical trade work.
- Communicate effectively using appropriate interpersonal skills.
- Possess good analytical, troubleshooting skills and math skills.
- Ability to supervise own work and be self-motivated.
- 3-5 years work experience repairing manufacturing equipment.
- Noisy environment (hearing protection required).
- Dirty environment (exposure to dust, lubricants, solvents, mold, juice, water and chemicals).
- Ability to obtain a forklift license.
- Welding, electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, refrigeration systems, PLC, VFD, boilers & pumps.
- Perform job for maximum of 12 hours -7 days a week. (Holiday and Weekend Work)
- Remain standing for a maximum of 8 hours.
- Work effectively in ambient temperatures. (freezer)
- Ability to work safe within congested, fast pace environment.
- Read printed instructional materials.
- Drive a forklift. (see average depth perception).
- Lift max. 100 lbs. (occasional)
- Hear and discriminate between different bells and horns.
- Bend at waist 80 degrees and knees 140 degrees to move up to 100 lbs.
- Alertness-Quality and Attention To Detail
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Team Building/Interaction
- Policy & Procedure
- Commitment to Task/Initiative
- Versatility & Coping
- Organize and Plan
Tools and Equipment:
- All Blender/Pump Equipment
- Portion Pack Equipment
- Half Gallon/Quarts equipment
- ECO equipment
- Basic hand tools (must furnish own tools)
- KPak equipment
- Machine shop equipment
- Advanced power tools
- Personal Protection Equipment
- 8-12 hour shift
- Chemicals – use frequently
- Walk/stand constantly
- Forklift equipment
- Machine shop/Mfg. Environment
- Not clean (chemicals/etc.)
- Noise level requires hearing protection
- Working at heights
- Freezer Environment
- Weekend work
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary- DOE
- Optional health insurance for employees and dependents
- Company paid short and long-term disability
- Dental insurance for employee and dependents
- Vision insurance
- Optional supplemental life for employee and dependents
- 125 Flexible spending plan through payroll deductions
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 8 paid holidays per calendar year
- Generous PTO policy
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website: http://www.juice4u.com/