Houston, TX 77007
Provides overall financial and accounting support to the Houston plant. This includes (but is not limited to) reporting, planning, analysis of variances and operating results, product costing, IS support and general financial/accounting counsel to all team members and departments.
**********Manufacturing Experience is Required, Food & Beverage a plus**********
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile, analyze, and distribute the daily and weekly reports in an accurate and timely fashion. This includes reports to include ingredient shrink, sales analysis by product category, sales and production forecasts, and plant labor expense.
- Creation and input of routine and as needed JE’s into the General Ledger based on GAAP.
- Process inventory transactions including shrink, holds and damages. Track P&L impact on a monthly basis.
- Investigate inventory discrepancies as they occur. Review any necessary adjustments with Controller prior to processing.
- Back up A/P/Payroll coordinator and Controller.
- Process Texas sales tax payments monthly.
- Assist Plant Controller with analysis of related financial variances.
- Provide analysis and support to operations team in efforts to control labor costs and material shrink.
- Provide support in the development of the annual budget and forecast by assisting in the development and analysis of various departmental budgets.
- Assist and support in the development of PBC schedules for the annual audit.
- Assist in cycle and annual year-end physical inventory counts.
- Calculate and posts blending batches and production results daily.
- Receiving of raw materials and packaging materials – verify that receiving documentation has proper sign-offs/quantities/costs, post receipt in Southware, log receipt in Excel, maintain file of un-invoiced receipts.
- Identifies and investigates significant cost discrepancies and shrink issues daily.
- Support the corporate financial staff with miscellaneous reporting.
- Provide support and backup for production entry/reporting and payroll.
- General ledger account reconciliation completed on a timely basis.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and reacts well under pressure.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Accounting or related field, with a minimum of 2-5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficient typing and computer skills including knowledge of Accounting software, Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software (MS Excel), Word Processing software (MS Word) and Email software (Groupwise).** Oracle R12 experience would be a plus.**