Howey in the Hills, FL
Country Pure Foods, owned by a joint venture between Sapporo International and Toyota Tsusho America, is one of the largest independent fruit juice and fruit drink processors in the United States.
We are seeking an experienced Production Supervisor who main responsibilities will be to coordinate shift activities of production department(s) in the blending, processing, and packaging of juice and water products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews production orders and schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
• Coordinates with Scheduling and Production Managers to assist in the preparation of blending, production, and sanitation schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
• Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
• Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
• Reviews and signs-off on related HACCP documentation, and alerts QA Manager and Production Manager of any discrepancies.
• Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
• Participates in Shift Transition Meetings to facilitate solid communication of pertinent information to on coming and off going Production Supervisors.
• Works to resolve worker grievances and alerts Production Manager and Human Resources Manager as appropriate.
• Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data and reports. Reviews daily attendance reports and communicates changes and necessary information to Payroll Department.
• Fills in as relief for other shift supervisors or leads during absences (i.e. vacation, personal, etc.).
• Aware of efficiencies and juice loss and works steadily to meet plant goals.
• Conducts end of shift meetings for summarization to management in order to provide information to the floor and feedback to management.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
• Makes timely decisions and communicates changes effectively.
• Includes appropriate people in decision-making process and supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
• Manages competing demands and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and reacts well under pressure.
• Responds promptly to customer needs and completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
• Writes and speaks clearly and informatively.
• Able to read and interpret written information and present numerical data effectively.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and generates suggestions for improving work.
• Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
• Follows policies and procedures.
• Observes safety and security procedures and reports and works to resolve potentially unsafe conditions.
• Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and completes work in timely manner.
• Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills and shares expertise with others.
• Is consistently at work and on time and commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
• Possesses the Skills and Knowledge, and is able to meet the Physical Demands and perform in the work environment described in the Work Environment section below.
Supervises approximately 30 non-supervisory employees in the 2nd or 3rd Shift Production Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws as a responsible and ethical agent of the company. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or minimum of three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as production schedules, inventory reports, sales forecasts, safety rules, motor carrier regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, trends. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficient typing and computer skills including knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software (MS Excel), Word Processing software (MS Word) and Email software (Groupwise). The individual should also have knowledge of and be competent in the use of Warehouse Management System software and hardware, including hand held scanning devices.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however the employee may be required to enter production areas where the noise level is usually loud and hearing protection is required.
• 8-12 hour shift
• Chemicals – use frequently
• Walk/stand constantly
• Forklift equipment
• Machine shop/Mfg. Environment
• Not clean (chemicals/etc.)
• Noise level requires hearing protection
• Working at heights
• Freezer Environment
• Weekend work
Compensation and benefits:
• Salary- DOE
• Optional health insurance for employees and dependents
• Company paid short and long-term disability
• Dental insurance for employee and dependents
• Vision insurance
• Optional supplemental life for employee and dependents
• 125 Flexible spending plan through payroll deductions
• 401(k) plan with company match
• 8 paid holidays per calendar year
• Generous PTO policy
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website: http://www.juice4u.com/