Country Pure Foods, owned by a joint venture between Sapporo International and Toyota Tsusho America, is one of the largest independent fruit juice and fruit drink processors in the United States.
Plans, coordinates, and directs quality assurance program designed to ensure quality production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulates and maintains quality assurance objectives complementary to Company policies and goals.
- Performs quality reviews of documentation and practices to ensure compliance with stated requirements, including but not limited to quality manuals, HACCP program, FSMA regulations, Master Cleaning Schedule, Pest Control Program, GMPs, Allergen Control program, Organic Control Program, SQF, and Company quality records.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Reviews data obtained during quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to the management team.
- Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Plays an active role on quality management teams within the organization.
- Designs and implements quality assurance training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Identify and support facility training needs.
- Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Makes timely decisions and communicates changes effectively.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process and supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Manages competing demands and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and reacts well under pressure.
- Responds promptly to customer needs and completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Writes and speaks clearly and informatively.
- Able to read and interpret written information and present numerical data effectively.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and generates suggestions for improving work.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Follows policies and procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Observes safety and security procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and completes work in timely manner.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills and shares expertise with others.
- Is consistently at work and on time and commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Possesses the Skills and Knowledge, and is able to meet the Physical Demands and perform in the work environment described in the Work Environment section below.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervises 1 QA Lead, 1 Quality Systems Coordinator, 1 Sanitation Team Coordinator, and approximately 5 non-supervisory employees in the Quality Assurance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in food science, food technology, chemistry or related field, and three to five years experience in a Quality Assurance Management role and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess proficient typing abilities, and have knowledge of Spreadsheet Software (MS Excel), Word Processing Software (MS Word) Database Software (MS Access) and Email Software).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary- DOE
- Optional health insurance for employees and dependents
- Company paid short and long-term disability
- Dental insurance for employee and dependents
- Vision insurance
- Optional supplemental life for employee and dependents
- 125 Flexible spending plan through payroll deductions
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 8 paid holidays per calendar year
- Generous PTO policy
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website: http://www.juice4u.com/