Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and other facilities equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Accomplish preventative maintenance (PM) and practice continuous improvement so that production equipment achieves production goals.
- Execute PM tasks on schedule to ensure prevention of future down time.
- Follow through on PM task and line work findings to continually improve equipment reliability.
- Contribute knowledge learned through the completion of PM tasks to the PM planning process, ensuring up time and efficiency of equipment.
- Ensure changes in schedules, material availability and line operations do not prevent PM’s from being completed.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to troubleshoot, adjust, tear down and rebuild manufacturing equipment as required.
- Interact with production supervisors and workers to solicit information about problems and performance.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area that promotes safety and efficiency.
- Intermediate electrical skills, ability to diagnose problems, change motors, replace drives, etc.
- Experience with PLC logic a definite plus.
- Welding and fabrication ability a plus.
- Experience in beverage and good manufacturing which participation in SQF and HACCP preferred.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills on all machines within Plant and shares expertise with others.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Works with Maintenance Manager to prioritize and plan work activities and completes work/work orders in timely and efficient manner.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Works within approved budget and conserves organizational resources.
- Follows policies and procedures and observes safety and security procedures.
- Uses equipment and materials properly and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Is consistently at work and on time and commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Ability to work independently.
- Is open to continuing education in Plant related fields to increase job knowledge.
- Demonstrate good verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to complete required documentation.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
One year certificate from college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software and Manufacturing software. PLC experience a plus.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; push, pull, and reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and requires that hearing protection be worn in all production areas.
Mechanic must have own basic set of tools, to include, but not be limited to the following items:
- Wrenches & sockets -Adjustable wrenches
- Pliers -Nut Drivers
- Screwdrivers -Hammer
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary- DOE
- Optional health insurance for employees and dependents
- Company paid short and long-term disability
- Dental insurance for employee and dependents
- Vision insurance
- Optional supplemental life for employee and dependents
- 125 Flexible spending plan through payroll deductions
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 8 paid holidays per calendar year
- Generous PTO policy
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website: http://www.juice4u.com/