Howey in the Hills, FL
Country Pure Foods – Howey-in-the-Hills Plant is seeking a Production Lead to join our team!
Country Pure Foods, owned by a joint venture between Sapporo International and Toyota Tsusho America, is one of the largest independent fruit juice and fruit drink processors in the United States.
This is a brief, undetailed, but specific statement of what the job is.
Assists the Production Supervisor in the administration and coordination of production related activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reads and understands production schedules, blend schedules and batch sheets to ensure proper materials are gathered for production.
- Assists in shift transitions and start-ups.
- Assists with prioritizing and coordinating workflow and assists in the delegation of work assignments, matching the responsibility to the person.
- Assists with ensuring production is run in accordance with the production and blend schedules as determined by Scheduling Manager.
- Performs routine walks of the facility to monitor production and assists operators in the resolution of any production issues.
- Reviews production paperwork to ensure timeliness, neatness and accuracy.
- Administers breaks to line personnel as needed.
- Becomes familiar with and understands the sanitation procedures and performs sanitation procedures as needed.
- Becomes familiar with and understands the Warehouse Management System and assists with problem resolution as needed.
- Performs CIP and Production piping connections as needed.
- Summarizes shift paperwork and generates Shift Efficiency Report.
- Summarizes shift labor.
- Alerts the supervisor to any personnel issues or violation of policies and procedures.
- Fills in as relief for shift supervisor or other leads during absences (i.e. vacation, personal, etc.).
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Makes timely decisions and communicates changes effectively.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process and supports and explains reasoning for decisions;
- Manages competing demands and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and reacts well under pressure.
- Writes and speaks clearly and informatively.
- Able to read and interpret written information and present numerical data effectively.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Observes safety and security procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and completes work in timely manner.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Is consistently at work and on time and commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Works weekends as needed.
- Possesses the Skills and Knowledge, and able to meet the Physical Demands and perform in the work environment described in the Work Environment section below.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or minimum of one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Possess solid typing skills and have knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems. Knowledge of and abilities in the use of Spreadsheet software (MS Excel), Word Processing software (MS Word), Email (Groupwise) Inventory software and Warehouse Management System Software and Hardware.
Describe the physical work environment including possible conditions that may be encountered (i.e., sitting, standing, exposure to varying temperatures, work schedule, etc.).
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and be able to smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions extreme cold, and frequent changes in temperature from going in and out of the freezers. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and hearing protection is required in all production areas of the facility.
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary- DOE
- Optional health insurance for employees and dependents
- Company paid short and long-term disability
- Dental insurance for employee and dependents
- Vision insurance
- Optional supplemental life for employee and dependents
- 125 Flexible spending plan through payroll deductions
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 8 paid holidays per calendar year
- Generous PTO policy
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.juice4u.com/