Howey in the Hills, FL 34737
Country Pure Foods, owned by a joint venture between Sapporo International and Toyota Tsusho America, is one of the largest independent fruit juice and fruit drink processors in the United States.
We are seeking a maintenance supervisor who will be responsible for supervising shift activities of the Maintenance Department for workers engaged in the repair, maintenance, and installation of production equipment and facilities maintenance by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Displays knowledge of plant operational systems including refrigeration, electrical, air and piping, PLC’s, filling and packaging equipment, and support equipment.
- Inspects and monitors work areas, examines tools and equipment, and provides employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules.
- Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Reviews work orders to determine schedules, sequences, and assignments of work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel.
- Requisitions materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment or replacement parts.
- Motivates, develops and directs subordinate employees as they work, and reviews work performance.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Conducts or arranges for worker training in safety, repair, or maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
- Develops, implements, or evaluates maintenance policies and procedures.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager in computing estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, or outside contractors.
- Examines objects, systems, or facilities and analyzes information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
- Assists in the investigation of accidents or injuries and prepares reports of findings.
- Prepares department budget and monitors expenditure of funds in budget.
- Completes projects on time and budget
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and develops alternative solutions.
- Monitors departmental job tasks to ensure food safety and quality and promptly reports any concerns or issues to Quality Manager.
- Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Makes timely decisions and communicates changes effectively.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process and supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Manages competing demands and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and reacts well under pressure.
- Writes and speaks clearly and informatively.
- Able to read and interpret written information and present numerical data effectively.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and generates suggestions for improving work.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Follows policies and procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Observes safety and security procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and completes work in timely manner.
Directly supervises 13 employees in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in a mechanical engineering or related field and one to three years related experience and/or training in a supervisory position or leadership role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and be proficient in the use of Internet software; Inventory software; Project Management software; Maintenance Software, Spreadsheet software (Excel), Word Processing software (Word) and Email Software.
The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary- DOE
- Optional health insurance for employees and dependents
- Company paid short and long-term disability
- Dental insurance for employee and dependents
- Vision insurance
- Optional supplemental life for employee and dependents
- 125 Flexible spending plan through payroll deductions
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 8 paid holidays per calendar year
- Generous PTO policy
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website: http://www.juice4u.com/