The Transportation Dispatcher’s primary responsibility is working to deliver Country Pure Foods products to the customer in a timely, efficient, and cost effective manner. This will be done by using the in house TMS System and the candidates’ background knowledge of the transportation industry. Work Hours will be 8:30 AM – 5:30PM
- Detail-oriented. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to use Microsoft office based products. Strong computer skills needed.
- Ability to learn the TMS system and work in its environment.
- Communicate with lowest cost carriers and assign loads
- Review carrier availability monthly.
- Work with Director of Customer Service & Logistics on hard to cover and high cost lanes.
- Knowledge of general transportation rules and regulations.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with carriers and internal and external customers.
- Provide timely feedback, recommendations, and resolution of transportation and operational issues.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director Customer Service & Logistics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidate will not have any direct reports. Responsibilities include monitoring their selected carriers and handling any issues that arise associated with those carriers. Must be able to work with others including but not limited to: Logistics, plant/warehouse personnel, and Customer service.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or an Associate’s Degree from an accredited two year college.
Degree in Logistics or Supply Chain is preferred.
Or related experience in Logistics and Supply Chain. (2 – 5 years)
Qualifications and Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Effective use of email and phone for communicating with carriers, customers, and coworkers.
Basic math skills required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.